Woman Wins Quiz Show; Is Still An Idiot

Monday, July 24, 2006, 11:13 PM

The Moon. (Image not actual size.)
From Yahoo UK:

A housewife is planning to buy a plot of land on the moon after winning £1 million on a gameshow.

Sarah Lang, 31, from Newport, South Wales, scooped the prize in the tense finale of ITV1's Pokerface, hosted by entertainers Ant and Dec.

The mother-of-two held her nerve against opponent Julian Sperring-Toy in the finale of the game of general knowledge and bluff.

"I have always been fascinated with stars and space so I'm going to get a strong telescope in my garden. I have heard that you can buy plots of land on the moon. It might be worth something in a few years."


And the moral of the story is, kids? Being a quiz show winner doesn't mean you're smart. Or rational. Or sane.

Still, if she wants to throw away her money like that, and loves space so much, I'd be happy to sell her boxes full of space for, oh I don't know, a few thousand pounds? Get in touch soon, Sarah, I've got an absolute bargain for you.
File Under: